We would normally expect that patients are seen within 20-30 minutes of their appointment time and we will always try to keep patients informed if we are running late so that you can re-book your appointment if necessary.
In return we ask you to:
- Appreciate that waiting times may be beyond our control. For example, if the doctor or nurse is called out on an emergency or at times of peak demand.
- Attend punctually for surgery.
- Appreciate the exact time of consultation cannot be assured.
- Avoid calling for home visits immediately before or during evening surgery times; except in an emergency.
- Cancel if you are unable to attend and to re-book your appointment if desired.
Outpatient Appointment waiting times
The link to My Planned Care website gives the average waiting time for each speciality: